Dr. Michael G Millett
Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis Grantham is an effective therapy for stress, anxiety, fears, phobias and depression. It also increases confidence and self-esteem.
Overcome panic attacks and social phobias with Hypnotherapy in Grantham.
You can also get rid of unwanted habits that no longer serve you such as stopping smoking hypnosis Grantham.
There is lots of interesting information here to find out more about Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy and about how Dr. Michael G Millett can help you at the
Clinic of Hypnotherapy and Holistic Practices
on Dudley Road in Grantham`s Town Centre.
All calls are confidential.
What is hypnosis?
selective thinking established where you can explore your unconscious thoughts to allow you to find solutions to your current difficulties. Michael uses a mixture of visualisation techniques, positive suggestions and, when appropriate, an analytical approach (hypnoanalysis) looking for the root cause of problems.
How will I feel during hypnosis?
You will feel pleasantly relaxed as in a dreamy state, but you are unlikely to feel “hypnotised”. Some people wait for `something` to happen, since they expect to be asleep, or some sort of phenomena to occur or to feel differently based on certain expectations they may have. Have you ever driven to work and realised you have almost no recall of the journey?
Have you sat on an aeroplane and day dreamed your way through the sky?
Hypnosis is a similar state of mind. Clients are often surprised that they hear what is being said. Unless they enter a deeper state, or at least a medium state, they may not “feel” any different than when relaxing in an armchair with a good book. In this relaxed state you will have an increased awareness. Moving from the conscious state to the unconscious state, you may experience bodily sensations as you enter the hypnotic state. You may be aware of your eyelids fluttering. Your body may feel weightless or perhaps very heavy as if sinking into the chair. You may experience a warm tingling sensation in your hands or feet or cannot feel your body at all. You may even experience a combination of some or all of these feelings. Everyone experiences it differently. Whatever you experience is perfectly natural and always a very pleasant experience. You may feel as though you do not want to move even though you know you easily could. At the end of the session, people often do not want to come out of this really nice relaxed state. Time may also appear to pass very quickly in the session.
Does a client give up control when they are hypnotised?
Do you give up control of your mind while watching a film or TV? Very often you can get so involved during a film or watching a football game that you actually feel emotion. When you do, you are actually in a state of `hypnosis` , although you still have the power to not do that if you wanted to. Your mind may be connect to or guided by a film, TV programme, piece of music, or indeed a hypnotherapist, but YOU still have the power to resist.
Can everyone be hypnotised?
Any person can be hypnotised providing that they want to be, the exceptions being those who are under the influence of alcohol, certain medications or drugs.
What can hypnotherapy be used to treat ?
- Hypnotherapy can generally be usefully applied to most problems and issues you are finding difficult and challenging to deal with on your own, such as breaking unwanted habits such as smoking, bedwetting, nail biting, stuttering and blushing.
Bad habits are things that we learn and become skillful at because we keep repeating them. They then become an automatic response. They are very powerful and we do not have conscious control over them. They often serve a useful purpose in some way, even if it seems illogical.
As they are things that we learn, we can can unlearn them through hypnotherapy which deals directly with the unconscious mind. Hypnotherapy helps to eradicate or alter these habits that limit and affect our lives to ones that are more constructive and desirable.
It is a great tool for life management as well as disease management.
- Management and relief, and often remission, from symptoms such as allergies, asthma, migraine, tinnitus, chemotherapy reactions and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Skin conditions such as eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and warts.
- Gynaecological problems such as PMT, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, and in obstetrics for painless childbirth.
- Pain control for surgery, dentistry, arthritis and general neuromuscular aches and pains.
- Freedom from fears, phobias and obsessive compulsive behaviours.
- Help with emotional problems, insomnia, public speaking and inhibitions.
- Symptoms associated with sexual problems, impotence, premature ejaculation, lack of labido, painful sex, frigidity, vaginismus.
- Boosting self-confidence.
- Improving concentration and memory.
- Relief from stress, tension, anxiety and panic attacks – a group of disorders that are becoming increasingly common in a society focused on achievement.
- Reduction in blood pressure and hypertension.
- Weight control and management.
- Enhancements and increased performance in work, study and sport.
- Personal Development.
- Spiritual Development.
………………… and many conditions and issues that haven’t been studied yet to examine all the benefits of Hypnosis.
Please see and read the Medical Hypnotherapy section
With epilepsy, schizophrenia or clinical depression, hypnotherapy is potentially inadvisable. This contraindication may be absolute or relative. Consult your GP about this first.
My role as your therapist is to guide you into hypnosis and to help you discover your own inner resources so you can resolve, whatever problems or issues you are dealing with. This process will enable you to become the person you really want to be, were meant to be – to achieve your full potential in life.
Visit the Hypnosis FAQ
Daytime or evening appointments available 7 days per week
All calls are confidential.
Contact Michael and Elevated Therapy for:
- Hypnotherapists Grantham
- Hypnotherapist in Grantham
- Hypnotherapist Grantham
- Hypnotherapy in Grantham
- Clinical Hypnosis Grantham
- Hypnosis Grantham
- Hypnosis in Grantham
- Grantham Hypnotherapy
- Quit Smoking Grantham
- Counselling Grantham
- Hypnotherapists Newark
- Hypnotherapist in Newark
- Hypnotherapist Newark
- Hypnotherapy in Newark
- Clinical Hypnosis Newark
- Hypnosis Newark
- Hypnosis in Newark
- Newark Hypnotherapy
- Quit Smoking Newark
- Counselling Newark